Individual Grant Program
The Kelly Brush Foundation Individual Grant Program awards grants to individuals with paralysis due to a spinal cord injury (SCI). The purpose of the individual grant program is to increase participation in adaptive sports and recreation activities and improve the quality of life for individuals living with SCI. The individual grant program allows economically disadvantaged individuals with SCI to purchase adaptive sporting equipments such as a mono ski or a hand cycle. In order for an individual to qualify for the grant he or she must be living in the United States and must supply the Foundation with information about their spinal cord injury, details on their source of income, and a description of the type of equipment they are seeking.
Our grant cycle is once annually in the late fall/early winter. We will not be accepting grant applications again until Summer, 2013 for review in late fall/early winter, 2013.
- Individuals applying for a grant must reside in the United States.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Assistance is awarded to paraplegics or quadriplegics paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury
(Please Note: paralysis must be due to a spinal cord injury; paralysis due to other causes, such as MS or spina bifida, is not eligible).
- Individuals may only apply for adaptive sports or recreational equipment (i.e. monoski, handcycle). Applications for adaptive equipment that does not fall into the sports and recreation category will not be considered.
- If awarded a grant the individual must supply the Kelly Brush Foundation with pictures of equipment purchased and a description of how the grant enriched the individuals quality of life.